Extensible virtual PDF printer
Its main purpose is to produce a PDF from any application that can print. A user can customise the entire process with Automator workflows, turning VipRiser into powerful publishing platform.
[[ download VipRiser ]]
*the app doesn’t open -> don’t panic!
Although its purpose is very similar to other solutions out there, it offers some unique features that others do not.
- User-friendly user interface
- Fully customisable using Automator plugins
- Works as iPrinter – printing from iPhone or iPad
- PDFs can be sent directly to iTunes, DropBox or Kindle
- Raw postscript driver for advanced processing (e.g. using Ghostscript)
Part of VipRiser PDF Ops
VipRiser uses VipRiser PDF Ops to provide all of its advanced capabilities. VipRiser PDF Ops is paid application available from Apple app store. You may want to consider buying it as a way of supporting VipRiser’s further development even if you don’t have use for all that extra functionality.
What makes it different from the others
compared to OS X built-in PDF services:
- prints PDF from any application, including those not supporting the PDF services, namely Adobe products
- shareable over the network
compared to CUPS-PDF:
- supports MacOS 10.14
- provides user-friendly user interface
- no PS to PDF conversion, PDF is generated directly resulting in smaller files and no quality degradation
- integrates with Automator workflows for post-processing
NOTE: VipRiser contains alternative driver that uses the same PPD as CUPS-PDF